Friday, October 3, 2008

Tubes...and...Teeth

My computer is being stupid again so I am using my dads computer AGAIN. That's why I haven't been able to comment on any one's blog.

Zack got his tubes done Monday and he did great. Night before was another thing. Zack couldn't have anything to eat past midnight, so I stayed up to make sure he ate before midnight, like at 11:30 I was up shoving food down his throat so that he wouldn't be hungry later. Oh if it was only that easy, WRONG, poor thing got so hungry in the middle of the night, so we stayed up and played and did whatever we could to take his mind off of wanting to eat, and thank goodness he still likes binky, that helped keep him from getting to hungry.
Zack and I had to be checked in at Ogden Regional at 6:00 a.m. which was great cause I thought he would get in at 6:00 a.m, little did I know that he wasn't even scheduled until 7:30 a.m, even being the first person that day, they don't even start until 7:30 a.m. Even Zack at that point was starving, he did really well until the last 10 minutes. It was sad when the doctor took him off to get tubes in, but he still did really well. When Zack finally came out of it more, he was funny, the first thing he wanted was his fishies, and kept asking mommy for his fishies.
I sure wish that we had got tubes in sooner, Zack did GREAT and is such a happier boy. Best thing is that Zack is sleeping threw the night, and just over all can see a difference in the way he acts. The doctor said Zack should be just great and will feel 100 times better now having tubes in. Doctor did have to cut a little bigger in one ear so that he could drain his ear, he ended up having more fluid in there then the doctor was expecting.
Zack is so funny, now that I have put ear plugs in for his bath, he just yells as loud as he can, and just laughs at himself. I guess he he thinks it's funny to scream and hear himself scream with ear plugs in. (maybe I should get it on video-and post it)

Brock got his teeth done on Wednesday. He did really good. I was a semi bad mother, WHY?, well because when Brock got his anesthetic shot in his arm and started to go out of it, he was so funny and kept saying the funniest things to me, I COULDN'T STOP laughing. Brock ended up having to have all front teeth removed, all due to that one abscess tooth. The funniest thing was when Brock started to come out of it, the first thing he said was "hey mom, we done? let's go Caffe Rio", I laughed so hard. Brock looks so cute without his teeth. Brock was really out of it for most the day, and the pain was manageable until about 8:30 that night when all pain med wore off, it ended up being a long couple hours after that. Today Brock is doing great, and is able to eat pretty much anything, minus the use of his front teeth.

5 comments:

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

Your kids sound hilarious. I love it! I am totally going to put Addie out when she goes for an appt. And that will be just a cleaning. LOL

Erica said...

Hi Kristina!
I'm so glad you left your blog address for me. I have been trying to get on yours! Thanks for all of your comments! It'll be nice to be able to see your blog now! Natalie has not had her baby yet- she is scheduled to be induced on Sunday morning!!! YAY! She's getting big and swollen- poor thing. Have a great weekend!!

Trent and Steph said...

I am so glad that he is feeling better. Cort seems to be doing really well with them too. I am glad that everyone is done.

Kirst said...

You'll have to post a picture of Brock when you're back in business. I love playing with people when they are delirious. You are NOT a bad mom. :)

Dixie Packer said...

that's great that everything went well. you have got such cute kids. and they certainly are troopers. you are such a good mommy to them. can't wait to see video and pictures.. if your computer can take it :) thanks for all your comments. i actually did pretty well with everything last week. i think it helped me a ton that she took it so well.... except i'm still such a wimp. you'll see once i finally post the details on my blog. ;)