Brock at a day old....We are SOOOO grateful to have him alive,and well.
Brock born 2.6 pounds and 13 1/2 inches long
Oh my heck this is the most heart warming thing you may ever watch.
Today I was watching Oprah and she did a story about this family. I cried through out the whole thing. Two months before their baby was born they found out he had some rare thing and didn't even know if he would make it to birth, so he's father started writing him letters. Watch and listen to their dear story. For me this we especially overwhelming to watch. Here is a family who did everything to make sure their baby was born, and loved him no matter what, even if the overall outcome was not what you would think.
Having had two very high risk pregnancies, especially with Brock, him being born so early and so small, my heart reached out to them. I remember with Brock going everyday and sitting in the NICU by his bed for 12 or more hours a day, and only taking a break when the NICU was closed for shift change. When Brock finally came home after little over 2 months in the NICU then home on an heart monitor and oxygen for another 6 months, it didn't matter to us, Brock was alive and home, we loved him tubes and all.
When Brock was 1 1/2 years old we almost lost him. Watching this video of this couple took me back to that time when the doctors thought Brock would die, and what a devastating time that was for us. This couple have pushed through such a hard time, watching them on Oprah makes you want to STOP what you are doing and tell your kids you love them. You just never know what each day brings.
4 comments:
I had to go hug Caden and Mariyah and be extremely thankful that they are both healthy! Thanks for sharing!
Wow, I can't even imagine going through that. But how grateful I am knowing that if anything were to happen to my children how very sad I would be but I know that I would be with them again. What a touching video.
I saw this on Oprah yesterday too. I was balling the entire time. Babies are so precious. I am thankful everyday to have our little girl. Those parents in that movie are very strong, and so are you and Travis.
I too say this and cried my eyes out! I gave my kids a few extra hugs and kisses after I watched this! This is a GREAT reminder to not take one day for granted!
Post a Comment