Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat it's time to eat...CANDY

Halloween week started out with the boys and I going to the ward carnival. Boys had such a blast participating in all the activities.

On Halloween, the day started out with taking the boys over to Lee's Market for trick or treating. I didn't think it would be all that great, but it turned out to be a good time, and was packed with moms and kids. Then after kiddies to a nap, we headed to Kaysville for dinner and trick or treating. We ate nummy soup, and green bread sticks. Then it was time for FUN. Boys had so much fun trick or treating, and running from door to door. We only trick or treated up and down the one street, and still got a ton of candy. The funniest part of the night was everytime we went to a door, Zack would yell out "treat" he couldn't say trick or treat, but he loved to say "treat"..

Zack sitting on bench outside of Grandma and Grandpa Olsen's house.


Once TJ finally got home from work, we all headed up to Liberty, to mom and dad's house. Every year my parents neighbor and good friend turns her whole house into a Halloween town. Boys were so excited to check it out.


My sister Annie, Zack, and Brock checking out Halloween village

Zack wasn't to sure about this blinking spider


I love the look on Zack's face. This is what he does now every time there is a camera around.

Brock just had to have his picture taken in front of Halloween village.


Zack was so fascinated with all the lights, and the fact the lights looked like candy.


Brock so carefully watching
This year I was such a lame mom and decided not to do official costumes. I just couldn't bring myself to pay $20 for each boys costume, for them to only wear them for 20 minutes. I found these cute shirts at old navy for $6. The boys thought their shirts were the greatest since they were glow in the dark.

8 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

Looks like you guys had a great Halloween.

Maile said...

Wow, that Halloween village is amazing. I totally understand not wanting to spend the money. I lucked out in not having to spend anything this year because Kaia already has plenty of princess dresses and we borrowed Asher's costume from a friend.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a village. That's too cool! Hey, what's Brock doing in the first pic? lol I love their shirts, costumes are just too dang expensive.
By the way what about the good neighbor discount on christmas lights, huh!? lol

Chinos :) said...

Yes this is one of the many Reasons I think boys are easier than girls.. Freak 12 bucks and there costumes look great, I don't even wanna bring up how much I spent, we just ate top Ramen for a bloody week :) And your boys looked like they had a blast!

Hay Dub said...

Your boys are so cute. I am glad you came over so we got to see you guys. We are so going to the Childrens Museum!

Joann said...

Super cute boys. And personally, I love their "costumes!"

Lund Family said...

Kristina!!!
I am soooo glad that you found me!! How are you? Cute family! Looks like you guys are doing great. Are you in Ogden area? Can't wait to keep in touch with you through blogging!! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe!! I really wish I could've seen the boys faces when they were at Kathy's.
I'm on my second brake at school, so I'm looking at pictures of the little nenios!
Kirst.