I guess it's time to finally let it be known what's going on in my life. For those of you that don't know, this is what's up... I'm getting a divorce.
Does it totally suck...YES....
The last little while has been to say the least a big roller coaster. When you get married you hope, pray, and think that things will always be good,but then there comes a time where you just finally have to say ENOUGH.
This was not an easy decision at all,but it's something that I've given much thought, and many many hours on my knees in prayer. If there was ever a time I felt completely alone it's now, I can't even begin to explain the feeling of emptiness and heartache that comes with getting a divorce. Even when I know it's the right decision, it's those late night when my boys are in bed and it's just me and my thoughts where things are the hardest.
I lost myself as a person for way to long, I'm here to claim that back. The worst part of all is that I also lost the spirit in my life,but am getting that back too.
Let me tell you that taking two boys to church on Sunday alone, during nap time is a challenge, but we go and we make it through. Many ward members have gone out of their way to help me on Sundays with the boys, and sit by me in
Sacrament to help me out. I can't thank people enough for all their support, kind words, phone calls,e-mails, texts, and just a hug to say we love ya.
This has been a very difficult time, that's where I get on my knees and ask for help and guidance. I just tell myself that tomorrow is a new day!
Sacrament to help me out. I can't thank people enough for all their support, kind words, phone calls,e-mails, texts, and just a hug to say we love ya.
This has been a very difficult time, that's where I get on my knees and ask for help and guidance. I just tell myself that tomorrow is a new day!
16 comments:
Man!
Geez Kiddo. You know some people out there think divorce is giving up, that somehow you failed! But strong is the person that can up and decide to move on with life... See that they are not happy and know that they deserve to be happy in life! Wow I look up to your strength so much! Although I think me and Tomas are in it for the long haul HOLY HELL :) I know what its like to be alone, feel worthless, like a horrible mother, and just plain lost! Not that it compares to what your going through, I feel like I'm divorcing the church, its been so hard for me these past years trying to find my place and understand everything! I feel I'm letting everyone around me down. And to have people say i'm not going to make it too heaven now with my family, Geez its tough!!! Thanks for sharing I wish I knew your email or something! I want to chat! If you feel lonely at night call me! 801.419.0110 Tomas works so late at night! and ps LETS GO TO BRITNEY NOW!!!!! LOL And yes people I have no life been on the computer a ton lately! ;)
Sorry ps!
Two kids at church! YOU ARE AMAZING!! I pray that you get the spirit you need Kristina, I think you will...
kristina, i am so sorry. i can't imagine the pain you must be feeling. just know you'll be in my prayers and that i think you are such a wonderful mom and person.
Kristina, Know that I am here for you anyway that I can help.
I think, in some cases, it takes more strength to finally say enough than it does to just keep going. I'm here for ya if you need anything at all. I hope you rekindle that spirit soon! :)
Kristina. I am sorry. I think you are so strong to do what is best for you and your cute boys. They are blessed to have such a wonderful mother. You are in my thoughts.
I am so sorry, hopefully yours and Travs lives will be better soon. I can't imagine how hard it would be to go through. I do know that you are a very strong and loving mother though and you always do what is best for those boys!
Kristina, I'm so sorry to hear about your more than difficult situation. I have 2 sisters that have gone through this in the past 5 years. (there choices too.) It sucks, but I understand you have to do what is best for you & your boys. Unfortuantely, life can't be perfect & couldn't work it out! :( I wish you the best! You're in my thoughts & prayers.
I have two quotes for you that have carried my through difficult times lately....
"I testify that bad days come to an end, that faith always triumphs, and that heavenly promises are always kept." Elder Jeffrey R. Holland.
"Sometimes things fall apart so that other things can fall together. Just believe,trust, & hope."
Never forget that in our darkest hours we are never alone....I've come to realize that the Atonement is real or it isn't....He either died for my eternal happiness or He didn't. These experiences becomes "gifts" when we realize that Heavenly Father loves us so much that He would never allow us to suffer unless it was absolutely neccessary for our growth and eventual greater good. That's the HOPE that keeps us going each day...one foot in front of the other. I love you and hope this helps and you don't take it too preachy. I highly recommend three amazing books all by Elder Holland that saved me. "Broken Things To Mend", "Trusting Jesus", and "However Long and Hard the Road". He brings such light in dark times because he speak the TRUTH and "the truth shall make you free".
I'm so sorry to hear about your divorce. Hang in there! In the meantime, you have 2 sweet boys to love on! Enjoy your time with them. :)
Hang in there girl!!!Your an awesome person and i am sure its hard but really keep the lord with you and you will be just fine!!!
So sorry to hear this, I hope you two can make the best of a bad situation. Good luck in the next months, being a single mom won't be easy, but you can do it!
i'm so sorry to hear that! you are an amazing woman! if there is anything i can do, please let me know.
Hey sweetie! Hang in there, this will only make you a stronger and better person for your cute little boys! If you ever need someone to talk to, give me a call. I have been a single mama and it is so hard, yet so wonderful at the same time. I know you know what I mean. To finally beable to be yourself and take care of you! Lets do lunch.
Love you much
Haylee
I wish you nothing but the very best in the future! You are a very strong person, I can tell, and I can tell that you know you are making the right decision!
Post a Comment