Monday, February 4, 2008

HOW WE MET



Travis and I met in 1998 when my cousin and I decided to set my friends up with his friends. During the date my cousin and Travis decided that they didn't like their dates an left. So after that my opinion of him wasn't that great.In the late summer of 2001, Travis and a friend came into Meier and Frank where I was working, and even after 3 years you don't forget the face of the guy that left your best friend on a date. I later found out that Travis left Meier and Frank that night and went straight to my aunt to get my number.Travis called a few weeks later and on November 30, 2001 we had our first date. After two dates I told Travis that I couldn't go out with him because I had a promise ring and was waiting for a missionary and nothing was stopping me from waiting for him. I did tell Travis that if I was the one for him that he would wait for me even if it took 2 years. On December 5, 2003, five months after the missionary came home Travis and I were married. (Who would have thought I would marry the guy that ditched my best friend on a date, the same date that I was on with his best friend???)

This was Travis's first time to Oregon











No comments: