Monday, February 4, 2008

FIRST COMES BABY!!




I was working as a personal nursing assistant and had been flying a lot and just figured I was sick because I was traveling so much and not sleeping. It was a Thursday evening and I finally told Travis that I thought I could be pregnant. We went off to the store to buy a test. Travis said nothing all the way there and all the way home. At the time we were living with Travis's parents so we huddled into the bathroom and waited for what seemed like the longest 3 mintues ever. And, sure enough, there were two lines. People always ask what was your first reaction. The first thing Travis said was. "Let me pee on the other one and see if they really work." Together our reaction was SHOCK - no other way to put it but shock.After a very hard and scary pregancy I was admitted to the hospital on November 3, 2004. After a long week my doctor decided that it was best to deliver. So 9 weeks early at 12:15 p.m on November 9, 2004, Brock was born. After 63 days in the NICU we were finally able to bring Brock home. Due to Brock being so small he had to remain on a heart monitor and oxygen for another 5 months. It didn't matter - we're just glad to have him here.






No comments: