THANK YOU TO MY MOM FOR BEING THERE FOR ME THROUGH ALL THIS
SURE DO LOVE YOU MOM
WARNING-picture overload
BABY STORY
For at least the last month I was starting to feel really sick, it was such a different kind of sick. It was almost worse then when first pregnant and morning sickness. I just didn't feel right and no matter what I ate, how much sleep or no sleep I got I was sick all the time.
I had seem Jed a few times in the last month and we thought being sick was just due to the pancreatitis . Jed said if the pain continued that he would deliver the baby because it could become to much stress on me and baby.
Jed gave me a prescription for Dilaudid to help my pancreas.- it's a very strong pain med.
The weekend before I had Austin I was in a good amount of pain and felt my heart was racing non-stop and becoming harder and harder to breath.
Monday I had a doctor's appointment at 5:30 p.m, I went to that. My blood pressure was high, but not horribly high,but still cause for concern. We already had a c-section scheduled for the 28Th, but Jed was thinking I would be lucky if I made it another week.
After my doctor appointment the pain got worse and worse and by the time I got home I was in tears and had to take pain meds. Through out the night it got worse, so much that I called Jed's emergency line, and told him "I WAS DYING" the pain was that intense. What scared me so much was the amount of pain meds I was taking through out the night and the pain just wouldn't go away. It got so bad that mom and I almost called 911 to come get me.
I saw Jed Tuesday, less then 24 hours later and my blood pressure was getting worse and he wasn't sure why. Jed ordered blood work and said if I could handle one more night then do so, and call him first thing in the morning. Jed said he was almost 100% positive I had
"Help Syndrome"
I called the nurse and Jed was waiting for my phone call and said "We are having a baby today" I was shocked, and scared. I got the boys to their dad's and met mom at the hospital.
When Jed came into the OR he said I had "Oh Shit" written on my face, and was confirmed that indeed I had "Help Syndrome" which is a rare form of Toxemia which causes Seizuers and blood clots which if not treated you can die. The medication they treat it with makes you feel real sick, bleck, it was so not fun, but in the end I got another beautiful baby boy.
Everything happened so fast and before I knew it baby Austin was here.
The night Austin was born we finally got to sleep about 2:00 a.m. I woke up about 4:00 a.m. to Austin just looking at me from in his crib. I was so exhausted but all I could do is hold him and we talked about how sweet he is and how much his mommy and daddy love him.
When Austin was 2 days old he had to go NICU. From nursing he had such a hard time keeping his body temperature up and his glucose was really REALLY low. A babies glucose should be at least 60 or above, when doctor checked Austin he was only at 27. If you don't get it up it can cause brain damage.
It was so hard to have yet another baby be in the NICU, but oh how I love those nurses in the NICU. The best part was Austin's nurses were the same nurses that both Brock and Zack had, so I knew he was in good hands.
The last night he was there the nurse had me stay in the bonding room next to the NICU, so they could see if nursing him he was able to keep him glucose and body temp up....
After 5 long days we finally were able to go home.
Zack calls him "bobby" instead of "baby", so Austin's nickname is "bobby"
Austin also makes this monkey face, so we call him "George" from "Curious George" because he looks just like "Curious George"
Austin is the best baby EVER, I think it's due to the fact that I literally prayed and prayed that he would be a good baby. I knew with everything else going on I could not handle another sick or colic baby. Doing this mommy thing alone with 3 boys is the hardest thing I ever imagined,but these 3 boys are my whole world and being their mommy is the greatest thing.
Mommy loves you Brock, Zachary, Austin
NAME: How Austin got his name is we wanted a bold name. Brock and Zachary are bold names and no matter if he was president or a Doctor, we wanted him to have a good solid name.
Austin so his name is like Andy's and then Kristopher is after me. Kristopher is the closes name to Kristina. I figured babies are always named after their dad's or grandpa's and for once since it seems all I can have is boys, then I wanted him named after me.
For the most part Austin looks just like Brock and Zack, but he has Andy's legs to a T and his hands, ears, and lines on his forehead. When he smiles he looks just like his daddy.
I tell Austin everyday about his daddy, and how much he wished he could be here with us. Austin you are so loved
Mommy and Daddy will always love you no matter what.
Austin Kristopher Mower
December 9,2009

5 comments:
Why does it NOT surprise me that you had to go through such a difficult time getting that little guy here?! You haven't had life go "easy" or "simple" for you for quite a while now, my cute cuz....life is just not fair sometimes. I am so thankful that all is well now. He is absolutely adorable and I pray that he will be a light to light up your dark days right now. I can't wait to meet him!! Love you!!
Congrats kristina! I am glad everything is ok now. He is a beautiful little boy. You will love having 3 boys, it really is so fun!!
Congrats!! I'm so glad Austin made it here healthy. I love his name.
YOU NEVER ANSWER YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need need to see you and that baby! Got it good! ;) I hate that neither of us have a husband around, because we can't freaking go anyhwere or get anything done! BLAH
Kristina, I had hellp syndrome with my first pregnancy. It was really scary and I almost died too. I am so sorry that happened to you. Congrats on your baby.
Post a Comment